Determine Your Daily Calories
To determine your daily caloric needs for a woman do the following steps!
655 + (4.35 x your weight in pounds) + (4.7 x your height in inches) - (4.7 x your age) = The amount of calories your body burns naturally.
Take that number and multiply by your activity level:
- 1.2 Sedentary (little to no exercise)
- 1.375 Lightly Active (1-3 days a week)
- 1.55 Moderately Active (3-5 days a week)
- 1.7 Very Active (6-7 days a week)
- 1.9 Extremely Active (hard daily exercise and/or physical job)
Take the number from step two and:
- To lose weight: Subtract 500
- To maintain weight: keep the number the same
- To gain weight: Add 500